[Foundation-l] FYI:Setting up of Movements for Internet Active Users (MIAU)

Shun Fukuzawa shfukuzawa at jcom.home.ne.jp
Fri Oct 19 20:54:44 UTC 2007

I inform setting up of a new organization for copyright and related laws
in Japan.

http://miau.jp/ (English pages are under construction)

This is Movements for Internet Active Users (MIAU). Members at MIAU will
suggest a new usage of copyright to Japanese goverment and raleted
organisations. One of co-founders is Masayuki Hatta, the translator in
Japanese of GFDL. In Japan, we always use his translation.

Now Japanese copyright law doesn't allow to use fair use as in US. And
Japanese goverment is mulling to make downloding copyrighted files
without permission illigal (Uploding files without permisson is illigal
now). They will suggest to use fair use and deprecate making downloding
files illigal.

Especially, if we could use fair use in Japan, it would be easier to
make contents on Wikimedia projects.

Of course, they will act about other Internet usage and enlighten
effective usage of Internet and Computer like Electric Frontier
Foundation in US.

Please send me messages to them! I will send the messages to make them up.