[Foundation-l] Google Analytics on Wikimania site

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 21:25:11 UTC 2007

On 10/18/07, Robert Rohde <rarohde at gmail.com> wrote:
> He was a major organizer for Wikimania and local bureaucrat on their wiki.
> In this particular case, I doubt the existence of access restrictions would
> have made much difference as he likely would have been given unfettered
> access on that wiki anyway.

Presumably anyone given that access would be advised "thou shall not
ever insert third party webbugs without the approval of the foundation
on penalty of death" ;)

It a lot easier to tell a few hundred people that and have it
understood than expect a few thousand to get it.

There are a lot of really terrible things that can happen from sitejs
and raw html access which I will not state in public for fear of a
horrific WP:BEANS violation.