[Foundation-l] Google Analytics on Wikimania site

\Mike mike_wikipedia at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 16:37:00 UTC 2007

As one of the "99.9% of the Internet population
[who] are not smart enough to selectively block
Google analytics" as Brian wrote in another mail*
(http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2007-October/034097.html)
I'd like to say that it for most people would
seem quite strange, if the present privacy policy
allowed 'collected information' to be sent on to
a third party, provided it doesn't first take the
detour through the WMF servers. So if there is
such a loophole - even the suspicion of such a
loophole - we ought IMHO to rewrite the policy
pretty much immediately.

\Mike

*I had - and still have - no clue about how to do
that, and I wouldn't say that's due to lack of
intelligence on my part, but due to lack of
investigating what are the possibilities, and
predicting that such investigating would ever be
necessary.

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Privacy_policy