[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Commons reaches 2 million files

Pedro Sanchez pdsanchez at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 03:09:43 UTC 2007

On 10/15/07, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> A couple of features people may not be aware of:
> - geocoding - every picture that is geotagged gets a little "Earth"
> icon and clicking on it launches a map that shows the image located on
> the map, as well as other geotagged images  nearby. It's really cool.
> The geocoding folk are very innovative and welcoming so if you are
> interested in helping them out or just finding out other cool ways
> this can be used, please talk to them.
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Geocoding

I know I'm going offtopic, but anyway. I've asked around, and I
haven't yet found how properly do scaling on geocoding.

For example, [[Image:Uxmal.jpg]] no matter what I do trying to set the
scale as described on many documentation pages ( | scale=N }} ), I
always get a whole continent view when clicking the little globe to
open the miniatlas, instead of a zoomed view (maybe a few kilometers
width)  which would be more appropiated  for building photo than a
continent  one (thousands of km width).

I've tried many things as it can be seen on the historial, and now,
since people who know how wil lread this, could anyone fix the scaling
on image for me so I can see how it's done and proceed to do it on my
other images?

Sorry again for going offtopic