[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 09:38:25 UTC 2007

On 10/14/07, Dan Rosenthal <swatjester at gmail.com> wrote:
> Suggesting that people be moderated for proferring criticism is never
> a good thing.

However, suggesting that people, who wander completely off-topic and
abuse this mailing list as a free debate club with a large audience,
are moderated is probably valid.

I am not saying that I will moderate everyone who is off-topic on
foundation-l (I witnessed the #wikipedia off-topic drama and I don't
think we need to repeat this here) but moderating people who
constantly talk about things that are completely irrelevant to this
mailing list is an alternative that should not be dismissed so easily.

Michael