[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Claudio Mastroianni gattonero at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 12:45:42 UTC 2007

Il giorno 13/ott/07, alle ore 14:32, Anthony ha scritto:

> On 10/13/07, Claudio Mastroianni <gattonero at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Being said that I had liberally choosen to be mistreated,
>> accused, offended, and to possibly have problem with my friends,
>> family, peers (and maybe lose some of them for being homosexual)...
>> being said this, it's offensive.
>>
>> I hadn't choose to be homosexual. But I choose to be Christian.
>> That's something you can choose. I've born Christian, I've been
>> raised as a Christian, but then I learned what "be Christian" mean,
>> and I chose to remain so.
>
> So you wouldn't choose to be gay, because that would subject you to
> accusations and mistreatment, but you would choose to be a part of a
> religion which teaches that God called gay people an "abomination"?
>
> Could you choose to agree with me that that's ridiculous?

It seems to me this is a totally off topic discussion, and it regards
how gay people relate with their religion.
But if you want an explanation...
Personally, I'm Christian. Not Catholic, even if I've been raised as
a Catholic.
Being Christian means believe in Christ's message. A message of
integration and love: "The last ones, will be the first ones", "The
only real comandament is to love the others as you love yourself".
Jesus Christ defended the adulterine woman: "Who's sinless, launch
the stone". This is a real strong message for the time: noone is an
"abominion", a "sin" is only something made for hurting people. Love
is not a sin.
I'm quite sure - cause religion is something _really_ personal - that
if Jesus Christ would be lived in these times we're living, he would
have said the same about homosexual people.
Than no: that's not ridicolous.
Maybe being a Catholic it's ridicolous, for what the _Church_ says
about homosexual. Being Christian, not.

I hope this could answer to your question.