[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Oct 13 00:43:11 UTC 2007

Marc Riddell wrote:
> on 10/12/07 1:57 PM, Anthony at wikimail at inbox.org wrote:
>
>> On 10/12/07, Dan Rosenthal <swatjester at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> How about the argument as to whether being gay is a choice or not. I
>>> can choose my religion. I cannot choose my taste in sexual partners.
>>>
>> I don't think you can choose your beliefsŠ
>>
> Are you serious, Anthony?

In some ways he's right. It's hard to imagine a Jewish kid telling his
parents over the dinner table that he wants to convert to something
else. By the time he's old enough to be on his own it may be too late to
move away from those earlier influences. Abandoning the religion then
may only function at the intellectual and liturgical level.

Ec