[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri Oct 12 22:49:18 UTC 2007

On 10/12/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:

> >> Absolutely!
> >
> > I disagree. You don't choose your beliefs, you conclude them. There is
> > a big difference. If I change my beliefs it's not because I felt like
> > a change, it's because I have made a different conclusion as to how
> > the world is, based on my experience and knowledge.
> >
> Thomas,
>
> "Conclusions", "experience" & "knowledge": all things which involve
> "learning".
>
> Marc

I suppose I make an implicit assumption that fundamentalist
Christianity is not in fact a logical conclusion.

I can learn all I want, but short of engaging in some sort of
self-brainwashing I'm not going to ever believe that the Earth is only
6000 years old.  The fact that the Earth is much older is not
something I can easily choose to unlearn.