[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Muhammad Alsebaey shipmaster at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 22:21:16 UTC 2007

People can order vegan meals at most restaurants, I dont think it will be a
problem also to arrange with Hilton (the conference caterer) and at the
dorms for the comfort of vegan attendees. Actually the most popular national
dish of  Egypt is a vegan one, mashed fava beans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ful_medames

On 10/12/07, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/13/07, Moushira Elamrawy <moushirah at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What about Vegetarians..??
> >
> > In Egypt, meat is being sold in stores, were meat parts -or actually
> animal
> > parts- are hung from the clutches, mostly uncovered. Like if you are
> walking
> > down a street, you can see a whole lamp body, a whole piece of fresh red
> > meat, by your side if you passed in front of one of the meat stores.
> > Vegetarians should be also aware of that.
>
> They might not mind hopefully and Taipei market is just as same - but
> I would like you as host remind, roughly estimation, many attendees
> (10% or more?) are vegetarians and we serve them lunch and breakfast.
> I don't know if there have been vegans. A list of local vegetarian
> restaurants would be helpful too.
>
> > Thanks!
> >

> > On 10/12/07, Dan Rosenthal <swatjester at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > How about the argument as to whether being gay is a choice or not. I
> > > can choose my religion. I cannot choose my taste in sexual partners.
> > >
> > > -Dan

> --
> KIZU Naoko
> Wikiquote <http://wikiquote.org> is a free online project for building
> collections of quotations, hosted by Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
> Quote of the Day (English): http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/WQ:QOTD

Best Regards,
Muhammad Alsebaey