[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Waerth waerth at asianet.co.th
Fri Oct 12 19:12:57 UTC 2007

Theoratically it should be. Practically it isn't ..... nowhere. Every
country in the world has laws that suppress this. It is on our wishlist
yours and mine. When you visit the Vatican you will not get far in a
miniskirt or short trousers. You will be refused in any temple you want
to visit in Bangkok. Same in Egypt. When you go to another country there
are different laws. Abide by them or reap the consequences. If you
feelyou want to go and preach "western" so called standards wherever you
go you will find yourself unwelcome in virtually any country. Apart from
your freedoms, local people also have the freedom to make their own
laws! Pertaining to their own cultural standards.

Waerth

> I thought freedom of expression was an international human right?
>
> -Dan
> On Oct 12, 2007, at 12:33 PM, GerardM wrote:
>

>> Hoi,
>> Yes, you can. Like everyone else you have to remember; when in Rome
>> do as
>> the Romans do !
>> Thanks,
>>     GerardM

>>> ...as long as you're not involved...
>>> So simple.
>>> You'll be able to choose, LGBT people not.
>>> So you can go there, if you want.
>>> We, even if we would like to go there, we can't.

believed to be clean.