[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Jason Safoutin jason.safoutin at wikinewsie.org
Thu Oct 11 21:25:01 UTC 2007

So I see...we (homosexuals etc) have to hide who we are and what we are
proud of...so homosexuals don't get hurt or arrested. Wonderful...I will
make sure to bring a mask or 2 to conceal anything that might suggest I
am gay. Because thats what it feels like I ans any other homosexual has
to do to make this trip work. Thats wrong, unfair and it discrimination.

I am also not happy with the fact that this is sounding more and more
like a political conference than anything and thats not right. If you
want to make Wikimania political, then don't get involved. And then to
have Jimbo make a speech title that can get a lot into a lot of
trouble....take the political mess somewhere else. This is a media
conference, not an election.

Anyone can go and no one should have to be afraid of their own safety.
Wikimania should be something for everyone, not the elite. Stop this
discrimination.

Jason Safoutin