[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Thu Oct 11 18:52:28 UTC 2007

Brianna Laugher wrote:
> On 10/10/2007, cohesion <cohesion at sleepyhead.org> wrote:
>
>> Agreed. Is there anything stopping people from organizing an event
>> somewhere that isn't so expensive?
>>

> "Expensive for me" you mean? Someone always loses out.

True, but some places are less expensive for a greater number of people
than others are. If we were to order cities by some vague criterion of
"number of people who can get there for under US$500, plus number of
people who can get there for under US$1000, weighted by some unspecified
amount", my guess based on consolidator spot-checking is that, from
least to most expensive, the four Wikimania cities would be ordered:
Frankfurt, Boston, Taipei, Alexandria.  I.e., we're picking somewhere
less accessible every year!

-Mark