[Foundation-l] Report board meeting in Florida 6-7 of october

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 13:26:22 UTC 2007

On 11/10/2007, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> OK, but will ey be a board member, or not be a board member, or this
> hasn't been decided?

Considering Ant just said:

"Well, excuse me, but I'd say it is rather important that a treasurer,
who is a board member, share our principles. He will have one vote after
all."

I would say it's been decided that the treasurer will be a board member.

I think it's important to make clear the distinction between a
treasurer and a bookkeeper. A treasurer, whether a board member or
not, works directly for and with the board. They are the board's
connection to the organisation's finances. A bookkeeper is a member of
staff and does the day-to-day financial stuff. I don't think they even
report to the board - I think they report to the ED. They are very
different (although closely related) roles and shouldn't be confused.