[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Mark Ryan ultrablue at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 04:25:05 UTC 2007

> In honor of David's concerns, I have decided to make the title of my own
> talk at Wikimania 2008 "Free knowledge and human rights" and I will use
> this opportunity to speak out against censorship and other violations of
> human rights around the world, including examples from Egypt.
>
> --Jimbo

I'm not sure that's wise, Jimbo, unless you've already checked with
the Egyptian authorities and gotten their approval for it. Egypt have
apparently this year arrested quite a few journalists in Egypt
investigating stories about violations of human rights in Egypt. For
your own personal safety, I suggest you don't do this.

~Mark Ryan