[Foundation-l] The Statistical Decline of the English Wikipedia

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 01:59:29 UTC 2007

Greg,

We look at it differently.  The total number of edits made to Wikipedia can
never decline, but the rate at which those edits are made can either
increase or decrease.  I tend to think that it is that rate (rather than the
integral) that is the most interesting measure of activity within the
Wikipedia community.

Hmmmm, I just realized I dropped a word.  The title of this thread was
supposed to be "the statistical decline of the english Wikipedia COMMUNITY",
as it is the descreasing activity of that community that I think is the
interesting observation.

-Robert