[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Aude audevivere at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 22:29:06 UTC 2007

One thing I think will be important very important is to have more
structured local travel opportunities.

I was on my own in Taiwan, after Wikimania, since not enough people signed
up for the tours.  There were three tours (1-day, 2-day, and 3-day) to sign
up for.  The tour organizer told me he required 30 to sign up for each,
otherwise they were canceled.  30 never signed up.  Smaller size groups
should have been accommodated.   Nonetheless, I was comfortable enough with
the culture and felt perfectly safe, to be on my own.

For 2008, I think minimum size for groups should be *much* smaller.  I look
forward to visiting a place with much different culture than my own.  This
time, I will know more of the language.  But, I think the culture is
different enough that having someone local guide me and other attendees
around would make the experience better.

-Aude