[Foundation-l] YouTube Non-profit Program (Wiinews)

Gabe Johnson gjzilla at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 01:41:27 UTC 2007

On 9/30/07, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On 9/30/07, Jason Safoutin <jason.safoutin at wikinewsie.org> wrote:
> > Broadcast Your Cause <http://youtube.com/nonprofits>
>
> This seems like something WMF may want to sign up for in order to
> broadcast its own fundraising messages. For Wikinews video efforts, I
> could not support it without legal blessings from Mike. (Again, this
> may show the benefits of having a separate Wikinews-related
> non-profit.)
>
> In general, please contact Sue Gardner <sgardner at wikimedia dot org>
> and Mike Godwin <mgodwin at wikimedia dot org> as a first step in such
> matters; they will escalate to the Board if necessary. There is no
> such thing as a quick Board decision.
>
> --
> Toward Peace, Love & Progress:
> Erik
>
> DISCLAIMER: This message does not represent an official position of
> the Wikimedia Foundation or its Board of Trustees.

Perhaps the best setup might be an umbrella channel for all the
Wikimedia Foundation. It could have Wikipedia, Wiktionary, and other
projects' videos on it as well as Wikinews (who might find it the most
useful). However, I see no need for a seperate nonprofit organization
for an individual project, as that could potentially create all sorts
of confusion. ~~~~

--
Absolute Power
C^7rr8p£5 ab£$^u7£%y