[Foundation-l] GFDL and relicensing

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 18:43:33 UTC 2007

Andrew Gray wrote:
> First off, you need to quantify new content added rather than, say,
> edit wars; I believe there are existing algorithms to manage this.
> Filter out only those content-adding posts - maybe 50%, maybe 5% - and
> then check to see if that content still exists in the final version.

How can you efficiently do that?
-We have article at revision A
-Anon vandalises article
-Anon adds content needed to be wikified.
-User reverts to version A
-User wikifies and rewrites anon's text.

A machine check would attribute the last addition solely to the user,
while it's a derivative of the anonymous one, even if it's clearly
stated on the summary.