[Foundation-l] Pledge bank

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Thu Nov 22 18:44:20 UTC 2007

I agree absolutely with this, give people a way to show they are a
*committed* supporter of WMF. Perhaps it's something like "I support WMF
with regular donations, why don't you?" or "I support WMF with regular
donations, click this link and see why you should too".

I really like the idea of having a pledge bank and keeping people who are
making regular, albeit small, donations informed about what WMF is up to. If
we can say, "Your donations allowed us to run a number of workshops in South
Africa. That was 3 months ago, the Africaans Wikipedia has grown by x
hundred articles since then." My objective here? You're showing donors that
their money is making a difference, even if - with English WP at 2 mill+
articles - they never notice the difference.

Brian McNeil