[Foundation-l] GFDL and Relicensing

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 15:35:17 UTC 2007

>  If you are modifying the license
> terms outside of the terms of the GFDL, you need to renegotiate with
> that contributor...including all anonymous contributors.

I can't imagine that anonymous contributors have any practical rights
when it comes to this. Since we can rarely trace an IP address back to
a single individual with complete accuracy, it becomes impossible to
say who exactly holds the rights on contributions made by anons. I
would be inclined to say that the content rights of an anon are
basically void by virtue of being anonymous. you can't anonymously
hold rights to something, it makes no sense.

--Andrew Whitworth