[Foundation-l] Citizendium lizense

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 12:09:19 UTC 2007

On 22/11/2007, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:
> Actually, no. They could retain those articles under GFDL. But have all
> others which did not contain text from Wikipedia under some other license.
> Consider copyright from the perspective of each article.

Yes, that certainly seems to be their intention. It's going to really
complicate matters though. GFDL being viral means that any article
containing a single sentence from a GFDL article (give or take fair
use, I guess) must be entirely under GFDL, so if they start moving
articles around and merging them, they're going to end up with a large
portion of the site under GFDL. "Viral" is a really good word for it -
it's going to end up spreading just like a virus until they have an
epidemic on their hands and the whole thing is GFDL.