[Foundation-l] GFDL and relicensing

Matthew Britton matthew.britton at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 21 16:59:15 UTC 2007

Allowing people to "opt out" like this simply isn't
possible.

Quite apart from the fact that old revisions would remain
in the page history, how exactly would they do it? Undo any
edits of theirs they didn't want to relicense? Anyone with
a substantial number of edits who tried that would be
blocked pretty quickly.

I imagine most people who have been contributing for any
length of time share my view that our contributions are
effectively public domain and, regardless of what I, the
Foundation or indeed anyone else does, have been and will
be used in many different ways without the slightest bit of
respect for the GFDL or any other license.

-Gurch