[Foundation-l] Citizendium License (Was: [EWW] Edit WikipediaWeek)

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Wed Nov 21 12:08:48 UTC 2007

The license change that was carried out to take Wikinews to CC-BY-2.5 was
only possible because we aren't continually updating articles. Articles are
published on Wikinews and become fixed shortly thereafter. In a case like
that you can have a cut-off and changeover, which we did.

Were you, for example, to want to go that way with Wikibooks you'd need to
say, okay cut-off is <date-A>, and every book started before that gets a
template added saying it was started before <date-A>, thus remains under the
GFDL.

I can't see any way to do that on Wikipedia where virtually every article is
treated as a work in progress.

Brian McNeil