[Foundation-l] Citizendium License (Was: [EWW] Edit Wikipedia Week)

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 10:53:15 UTC 2007

On 21/11/2007, luke brandt <shojokid at gmail.com> wrote:

> CZ have always promised to be _open content_ and [[open content]] can be
> -NC. At least WP says it can. As a non-profit project isn't Wikipedia
> free to use NC if it wishes, though re-users would have to be warned. --

In a hypothetical sense, yes, we're "allowed" to use NC. In a
practical sense, though...

a) we said we won't ;-)

b) we can't without either abandoning all our existing content, or
getting every single author of every bit we want to keep to agree to a
relicensing. Even if they were all willing, simply finding them and
recording their agreement would be near-impossible...

The latter basically means we can't relicense even if we wanted to,
and if you're going to junk all our content and start again, you may
as well just call it a new different project whilst you're at it.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk