[Foundation-l] [EWW] Edit Wikipedia Week

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 23:49:00 UTC 2007

On 20/11/2007, Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org> wrote:

> >Open content: "Use our stuff. Please! (And give back your version too.)"
>
> As the most succinct response on this I'll respond on this one.
>
> I get the message, the foundation can't do everything and the license allows
> - nay - encourages projects like this. Good luck working out the mechanics
> of the process of folding stuff back in to WP.

Even if we can't (or won't) fold it back into *our* project, it's
still the same direction we want to move in. It's all for the good.

(This is also why it gets annoying when people start bickering about
things like Citizendium. We don't see eye to eye, we generally each
think the other's made a fairly big practical error, but fundamentally
we're *on the same side*, we're working towards the same goals...)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk