[Foundation-l] [EWW] Edit Wikipedia Week

Renata St renatawiki at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 19:35:26 UTC 2007

> What we need, need so badly we're screaming for them, are people with time and access to decent sources, sources printed (hopefully), and printed by well-respected publishers. People are prepared to spend time painstakingly writing quality articles from the sources - not fools who merely rabidly repeat the latest malicious gossip off the intarwebz.

And how you are going to get them?

The process looks like this (imaginary numbers):
100 people join

40 never really edit/write speedy articles about themselves and their
garage bands
30 leave after couple edits
20 turn out to be vandals/trolls/etc
9 become decent editors doing something productive
1 goes thru trenches, learns about sources and starts writing FA and GA

Without recruiting that initial 100 people you will never get that one
gem that will keep wikipedia going.

Renata