[Foundation-l] Google advanced search (by usage rights)

Aude audevivere at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 00:15:31 UTC 2007

I was just on Google's advanced search page and noticed that results can now
be filtered by "usage rights".  Choices are "free to use or share", "free to
use or share, even commercially", "free to use, share, or modify", and "free
to use, share, or modify, even commercially".

I tried this out and Wikipedia did not come up in the results, however
Wikinews did appear in results.  That seemed odd to me. Turns out, the
reason is that the results only include sites with Creative Commons
licenses.  Does anyone know more about this?  Will Google be adding GFDL
(and Wikipedia) to this feature?

http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=29508

-Aude