[Foundation-l] Fundraising totals as of Nov. 15, 2007 @ 12:20 PM (EST)

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 11:38:20 UTC 2007

On 16/11/2007, Robert Rohde <rarohde at gmail.com> wrote:

> PS. I still think the different pattern of penny donations in this drive
> compared to previous drives suggests that, in addition to any stolen credit
> cards, there are one or more people trying to pump to the donor counter just
> for kicks.
>
> See: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wiki_pennies.png, for the penny
> pattern as of several days ago.

Interesting. Would it be possible to generate one with the vertical
axis being %age of all donations, not an absolute number?

In PR terms: it's important to distinguish between us getting money
given with stolen credit cards (really bad) and us being used to test
stolen credit cards and at best getting a few cents (annoying, but not
Massively Morally Wrong)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk