[Foundation-l] Fundraising totals as of Nov. 15, 2007 @ 12:20 PM (EST)

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 01:28:56 UTC 2007

On Nov 15, 2007 4:39 PM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15/11/2007, Cary Bass <cbass at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> > Hi all, weekly updated totals.
> > >
> > > *Fundraising totals as of Nov. 15, 2007 @ 12:20 PM (EST)*
> > >
> > > *Contributions Summary
> > > <http://donate.wikimedia.org/en/forward/emailref/22>*
> > >
> > > *Note:* Dates begin and end at 0:00 (UTC + 2), or 5:00 PM (EST).
> > > Donation figures are based on raw data and may not accurately match up
> > > with sitenotice on the various Wikimedia projects. Also, the totals do
> > > not include donations totalling less than US$1.
> > >

> Unless the foundation is prepared for some seriously bad press I would
> strongly suggest preventing donations bellow $1.

The 2600+ donations under $1 (so far) are now being excluded from both that
online summary and from the tally in the banner that appears everywhere.
Doing that seems to eliminate the biggest PR problem (i.e. appearing to
claim many more donors than really made a significant contribution).  Is
that your concern, or is it some other issue?

-Robert Rohde