[Foundation-l] Do we need a Code of Participation?

Rob Smith nobs03 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 02:25:49 UTC 2007

> Marc Riddell wrote:
> > on 11/9/07 2:02 PM, Ray Saintonge at saintonge at telus.net wrote:

> have
> community."

> they help
> going
> >>>
> >> I think there is more to this than Cunc's curmudgeonly reputation.
> >>
> >> The danger is that we do have people who will treat the proposed Code
> of
> >> Conduct as a hammer for beating newbies.  A code put in those terms
> >> would be as meaningful as shrinkwrapped software that tells me that I
> >> can't transfer the information to Cuba.
> >>
> >> I support the idea of a series of principles that we all hold dear, but
> >> not any kind of bureaucratic structure to support them.
> >>
> > That's commune talk :-). Ray, by "bureaucratic structure" do you mean
> > people?
> I'm talking more about structures that elaborate rules to make sure that
> everything is specified, or signing pledges...
> Ec

I signed a pledge
here<http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:zkvarYNmXBAJ:encyc.connectonline.com/index.php/Wikipedia:Requests_for_mediation/Cberlet_and_Nobs01/Workshop+Wikipedia:Requests+for+mediation/Cberlet+and+Nobs01/Workshop&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us#Good%2520faith>
.

ArbCom ruled Good =
Harassment<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:AMA_Requests_for_Assistance/Requests/November_2006/Nobs02#Policy_ruling:_good_faith_.3D_harassment>here.

When Am I gonna see action on my case?