[Foundation-l] [Wiktionary-l] Wiktionary logo

Dmcdevit dmcdevit at cox.net
Tue Nov 13 21:51:37 UTC 2007

Erik Moeller wrote:
> We currently seem to be using at least two different logos for Wiktionary:
> http://vi.wiktionary.org/
> http://en.wiktionary.org/
>
> Has there been a community decision which one is to be preferred?

Erik,

There was a global (not Wiktionary) vote many months ago that decided
for the scrabble logo, which had very little support among actual
Wiktionarians, and was largely ignored. There is no standard logo. Some
projects adopted the scrabble logo anyway, but I can't speak for them.
Some of it may been from the mistaken belief that this was some
"official" logo mandated by the Foundation. For various reasons, not
just the copyright issue, en.wikt has very little love for that logo in
my experience--which is not to say that the current one is popular.
Basically, it's in permanent limbo, and most of us have returned to our
regular work and stopped bothering about it.

Dominic