[Foundation-l] Drop in donations counter

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Nov 13 20:59:26 UTC 2007

FYI -

we're filtering out $0.01 donations from the various statistics on the
fundraiser from now on. This means e.g. that
http://donate.wikimedia.org/en/node/22 shows much more accurate data
now, but also that the sitenotice counter has dropped significantly.

Please, if you see people asking about this in various places on the
wikis or mailing lists, explain to them what is going on.

These tiny donations are, apparently, people testing credit cards;
they don't give us anything, but they also don't cost us anything. We
already have a JavaScript to block them at the donation form; I don't
know if there's much else we can do about it.
--
Toward Peace, Love & Progress:
Erik