[Foundation-l] Steward elections

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 23:00:27 UTC 2007

I stopped counting after 20 objections to Jimbo's use of steward
tools in the "Initial discussions" section alone. Most were from
respected admins, all certainly respectable contributors to the project.

I'm pretty sure I could find 50 if I really cared to check (Which I
don't. I know where I stand on the subject, and I know the likelyhood
of getting my way on this is nil.)  How big is a big enough group?
What is the required prerequisite? Where is it listed?

I think we're all kidding ourselves if we think this is going to
happen right now, just like we'd be kidding ourselves if we thought
world peace is possible right now. Despite it being a blatant
violation of stewardship rules, Jimmy won't step down (from the
stewardship) unless he feels like he did something wrong. He doesn't
feel that way, despite our massed frustration we expressed. Nobody
can MAKE him step down. So basically, it's time to move onwards. Pick
and choose your battles.

Dan Rosenthal