[Foundation-l] Steward elections

Kwan Ting Chan ktc at ktchan.info
Mon Nov 12 20:55:10 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 20:22 +0100, teun spaans wrote:
> This sounds like a rather vague rule to me.
> I dont consider nomination, but i'm most regularly activbe on 3 projects. I
> dont consider anyone  especially as my home project.
> How should i choose between them?\
>
> Wouldnt is be better to change the rule into something like: on all projects
> where the steward is active more than once a day on average?
>
> 2007/11/12, Guillaume Paumier <guillom.pom at gmail.com>:
> > "Own project" means "home project". This is a very strong policy for
> > stewards to prevent them from changing rights of a user on the project
> > where
> > they are the most active, unless this user requests it explicitely. I'm
> > sure
> > you understand that this policy is necessary to avoid bias.

If you read "home projects" instead of "home project" (i.e. plural),
then the intended meaning would be the same. On average active more than
X time a day is equally arbitrary. One would hope any elected stewards
will have the common sense to know what the rule intended them not to
do.

KTC

  - Heinrich Heine