[Foundation-l] Steward elections

Guillaume Paumier guillom.pom at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 15:38:56 UTC 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 4:31 PM, Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm considering nominating, but I have an issue with one of the
> guidelines: "Don't change rights on your own project" - what counts as
> your 'own' project here? Depending on the definition this could either
> mean nothing (no project is of one person) or forbid me from doing
> anything on Wikipedia (I have a user page on almost all languages).
> The remark that this also holds for members of local arbitration
> committees makes me think it's closer to the first, and then I really
> wonder why this rule exists - if the definition of 'own project' is so
> narrow that people can be a member of the arbitration committee on a
> project that's not their own project, then what people are there who
> _do_ have a project that would be called their own project?

"Own project" means "home project". This is a very strong policy for
stewards to prevent them from changing rights of a user on the project where
they are the most active, unless this user requests it explicitely. I'm sure
you understand that this policy is necessary to avoid bias.

--
Guillaume Paumier
[[m:User:guillom]]