[Foundation-l] Fundraising totals as of Oct 7, 2007 @ 5:00 PM (EST)

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 17:41:25 UTC 2007

On Nov 9, 2007 5:01 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> > How would people doing door-to-door for Wikimedia get
> > cards/identification that could validate them as raising money for
> > Wikimedia?
>
> They would probably need to collect for Wikimedia UK (the UK chapter),
> and the people running the chapter could issue the IDs. However, I'm
> not sure the UK chapter is a registered charity yet, so it would have
> to wait for all that paperwork to go through.

Let us be very frank. At this stage in the development of the
Wikimedia organisations (Foundation and Chapters alike) it is totally
unrealistic to think we'd have the necessary stregth, be it
administrative or otherwise, to do door-to-door. I would argue that
this is something that we need to keep in mind for future fundraisings
though.

Robert's analysis is interesting (if scary) and the solutions pointed
to so far are worth exploring (and at least easier to explore than
door to door which is out of reach today) for a good return on
investment ratio.

We need more of those! :-)

Delphine
--
~notafish

La critique, art aisé, se doit d'être constructive. -- Boris Vian in
*Chroniques du menteur*