[Foundation-l] Fundraising totals as of Oct 7, 2007 @ 5:00 PM (EST)

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 04:20:44 UTC 2007

On 09/11/2007, Brian <Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu> wrote:
> > If the Foundation is really serious about a budget of $4.6M for the next
> > year (or anything approaching that), then raising only $30k per day isn't
> > going to do it.  At that rate, they would need 5 months of fundraising
> > even
> > with the unrealistic assumption that income wouldn't decline due to donor
> > fatigue.

In the UK, door-to-door charity fundraisers either have to (I'm not
sure what the law is) or are expected to carry around laminated cards
validating them as raising for the charity. This is meant to ensure
people aren't scammed by people posing as charity representatives.

How would people doing door-to-door for Wikimedia get
cards/identification that could validate them as raising money for
Wikimedia?

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)