[Foundation-l] Fundraising totals as of Oct 7, 2007 @ 5:00 PM (EST)

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Thu Nov 8 12:12:13 UTC 2007

I am working on Erik's suggestion that we get celebrity endorsements.

I have added a question to Wikinews' upcoming interview with the Dalai
Lama's US representative to see if we can get Tensing to endorse the
project. I've just finished sending an email to Sir Sean Connery's publicist
asking if he'd give Wikimedia/Wikipedia his endorsement.

At the moment I'm doing this via the IMDbPro free trial, but there's another
service - contactvip.com. I've tried twice to get signed up for their $4
trial and had my CC rejected, likely since their system has a bizarre way of
looking at Belgium.

I've also forwarded the phone number for Oprah Winfrey's production company
onto Jimbo, it was pointed out to me both are active in Africa - there may
be a meeting of minds that can get us an endorsement there.

As IMDb's most popular personality I've also asked if we can get Johnny Depp
to say a few words.

My trial of IMDbPro only lasts about a week, list all your suggestions and
I'll see what we can do here about getting known names to endorse Wiki.

Brian McNeil