[Foundation-l] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Greenspan illustration project

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 20:10:25 UTC 2007

On 04/11/2007, Lars Aronsson <lars at aronsson.se> wrote:
> Thomas Dalton wrote:
>
> > Hiring someone in another country means you are doing business
> > in that country, and that business falls under that countries
> > jurisdiction. Whether there are any jurisdictions that would
> > require the WMF to do anything, I don't know,
>
> It's OK that you don't know.  But you seem to assume that the
> staff of the Wikimedia Foundation doesn't know either.  If they
> mention that they're sending a letter somewhere, I'm sure you'd
> remind them to put a stamp on it.  How can you be so sure that
> they are absolute beginners in just about everything?  For the
> rest of us, your frequent postings on the most trivial matters are
> starting to become tiresome.

I'm not assuming they don't know. I'm not assuming either way, that's
why I'm asking. The point I'm trying to make, which you seem to be
completely oblivious to, is that this is *not* a "most trivial
matter". It is a very serious matter which needs to be given the
appropriate consideration. If the people involved have already given
it that consideration, then great, if not, then hopefully I've saved
them the trouble doing it wrong could cause. If you consider people
discussing how to make the foundation work well "tiresome", I suggest
you unsubscribe from this list.