[Foundation-l] Recent resolutions posted

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 00:57:50 UTC 2007

Thomas Dalton wrote:
>> I saw the comment on the vote for Chair, Erik abstained for COI - Conflict
>> Of Interest. I do not want to provoke a flurry of speculation, but that
>> could be something as simple a motion to support/oppose Florence continuing
>> being proposed and Erik opposing, wishing further discussion on who should
>> be chair.
>
> Opposing or abstaining won't result in more discussion - once it
> reaches a vote, you're too late to get more discussion. I would hope
> the board don't vote on things before everyone's had a chance to say
> everything they want to say.
>
>> If you abstain, you are saying they can do the job but you were not
>> offered a choice you wanted.
>
> That could well be all it is, or it could be something more serious
> (and he knew opposing wouldn't actually help, so didn't want to hassle
> that opposing could cause). That's why I'd like Erik to tell us, and I
> fail to see any legitimate reason for him not to.

Erik wrote me privately about two weeks before the meeting, and we had a
  couple of emails back and fro on the topic. So we both discussed
together before the meeting.

Then, during the board meeting in Florida, I left the room to let other
board members discuss the issue together. Erik had to the opportunity to
present his opinion to other board members, after which all of them voted.

For each officer election, the candidate left the room to let other
board members discuss privately, then vote.

Ant