[Foundation-l] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Greenspan illustration project

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Nov 3 03:24:06 UTC 2007

On 11/2/07, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> "We'll pay you $40 for creating any of the following images.... unless you
> fail or refuse to give us your Social Security Number, in which case we have
> to backup witholding, then it's $28.80.  Have a nice day!"

For US citizens and resident aliens, yeah, if you refuse to give your
ITIN you're subject to backup withholding, which doesn't mean you
don't get that $12.20, just that it's withheld in case you don't file
a tax return or owe taxes on it.  For non-citizens an appropriate W-8
form would be used.

> http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p15.pdf

That publication is about employer/employee relationships.