[Foundation-l] [Announcement] French lawsuit against WMF won in court

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 21:46:56 UTC 2007

You scared me! I understood from the subject that the lawsuit against
WMF suceeded.

Florence Devouard wrote:
> The court also stated that once the Foundation was notified of the
> problem, it acted swiftly and removed the content. As a result, WMF won
> the lawsuit and will not have to pay for any damages. The request to
> provide the contact information of the editor responsible for the edit
> was also dismissed.

Would the court have been so if it had been on the history (not
oversighted)?
 From the bistro, i see the lawsuit was filed when 'bad content' was
already on the history :s

Plus, they wanted the contact info of the anonymous editor, when the IP
was publicy available. Linking that to a real person is to be done by
the ISP, not the website. What they were expecting WMF to give them??

Even when the lawsuit was so odd, havign won are good news.

> http://wikimedia.fr/index.php/Communiqués_de_presse/La_Wikimedia_Foundation_reconnue_comme_hébergeur_de_Wikipédia
> (in french)

OT: What's the meaning of CA on the favicon?

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/depeches/0,14-0,39-33068926@7-50,0.html
Article in Le Monde (in french)