[Foundation-l] Firefox and its 52m budget

Joe Szilagyi szilagyi at gmail.com
Tue May 22 17:45:11 UTC 2007

> > If they're a non-profit, this could be a good thing. Additional revenue
> for
> > free for WP, and additional traffic (substantial) for Firefox.
>
> Why would that be a good thing? I see no reason why we would to direct
> our readers to an inferior browser.

Inferior to what? ;)  I'm not interested in a "this browser is better
than..." argument. Firefox is the major "free" browser on the market, for
the widest array of operating systems (Windows, Apple, *nixes). My
suggestion is based on that. If another non-commercial project had
theoretical cash to burn, and their goals weren't incompatible with
Wikipedia's, I'd make the same basic suggestion.

Regards,
Joe
http://www.joeszilagyi.com