[Foundation-l] [announcement] new staff member in business development

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Mon May 21 00:38:53 UTC 2007

On May 20, 2007, at 10:16 AM, Michael Bimmler wrote:
> I certainly think that discussion is a good thing and I do not wish to
> censor critical comments, even I think it is highly important that the
> Foundation is open, transparent and open to public criticism. But this
> needs be done with a certain decency, respect and should be done in a
> constructive rather than destructive way.

I just wanted to quote this to highlight the GOOD in this community.
Michael is absolutely right.

We need to have the good judgment to distinguish between serious open
discussion about problems and opportunities and dishonest
trolling.  And to simply invite the trolls to leave.  We do this on
the wiki all the time.  We need to do the same on the mailing list.

--Jimbo