[Foundation-l] [announcement] new staff member in businessdevelopment

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Sun May 20 13:45:57 UTC 2007

On 5/20/07, Casey Brown <cbrown1023 at comcast.net> wrote:
> You seriously do not understand the inner-workings of this organization.  We
> do not have "millions of dollars" right now, we have enough to get by and
> probably some more, but we definitely do not have the large amount you are
> talking about.

I'm sorry if I implied that the WMF currently had "millions of
dollars".  The fact is I have no idea how much the WMF currently has,
as it stopped regular disclosure of this information years ago and
hasn't yet resumed doing so.

It doesn't cost millions of dollars to hire an accountant, though.

> Please look up the prices of the servers alone and the
> maintenance that needs to be done on them.  If you do not understand
> something, ask, don't incorrectly point a rude finger.

I've read the previous financial statements.  In each case the revenue
collected exceeded the expenses.

Anthony