[Foundation-l] business developer hire - whose decision?

Rory Stolzenberg rory096 at gmail.com
Sat May 19 04:27:24 UTC 2007

On 5/18/07, Casey Brown <cbrown1023 at comcast.net> wrote:

> I disagree.  We really do not need to know the inner workings and what-not
> of hirings.  Although, I do admit that yours is a valid question, though I
> do not believe it is for the reason you provided.  It is a valid question
> for the sake of questioning and knowledge's sake, not to be "an informed
> voter".
>
> Cbrown1023

Not true. Wikimedia projects are communities, and the communities should be
allowed to know, for the most part, what goes on within the WMF (there are
some exceptions of course, like confidential things, business deals that
haven't been announced yet, etc, but I don't see how the process of creating
a new position requires confidentiality).