[Foundation-l] [announcement] new staff member in businessdevelopment

Casey Brown cbrown1023 at comcast.net
Sat May 19 01:22:01 UTC 2007

Exactly.

Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

-----Original Message-----
From: foundation-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:foundation-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of George
Herbert
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 9:21 PM
To: Wikimedia Foundation Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] [announcement] new staff member in
businessdevelopment

On 5/18/07, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> The WMF is not a business.  It's a publicly supported charity.  As
> such, I think the proper solution is to limit business activities as
> much as possible.

This is insane and irresponsible; any organization with this much
activity and financial throughput not run as a business (in terms of
professionalism), specifically INCLUDING real charities, is insane.

The charities and nonprofits I know of all enthusiastically hire
professional business people to do business stuff... because it's how
you get things done at that level.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com