[Foundation-l] Clarification to existing resolutions

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri May 18 19:33:29 UTC 2007

> What's disturbing in this is that Erik's resolution was to amend WMF
> policy.  He certainly has a right to make such proposals, whether or not
> the Board ultimately adopts the resolution.  Now we are talking about
> proposed changes to Creative Commons policy.  Trying to merge CC's
> interests with ours in these circumstances raises a perception of hidden
> agendas.

Erik's not a CC board member, Jimbo is ;-)

Negotiating with organisations like Creative Commons is *absolutely*
the right thing for the highest-ups of an organisation to be doing.
WMF isn't large enough to have a layer of executives as yet, so the
Board taking on the job is entirely appropriate. c.f. also, Erik's
liaison with Encyclopedia of Life.

- d.