[Foundation-l] Native American Tribes Policy

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Wed May 16 15:27:09 UTC 2007

On 5/16/07, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/16/07, Ilario Valdelli <valdelli at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry... I don't understand this thread.
> >
> > I live in Europe. This thread is concerning the foundation... I don't
> > understand Indians... tribes... I don't understand.
> >
> > Is this the correct ML?
>
> I wonder why moderators allowed the originator to begin this thread here.

I actually do not see a reason to step in here. List administrators
have the task to deal with personal attacks and flame wars. Of course,
if a discussion went completely off-topic (say, people would start
discussing US politics en large on foundation-l), we might remind
people that this is not the right place to discuss it or we might even
declare a thread to be "closed". The very last sanction would be to
moderate people who are constantly trying to raise off-topic issues on
this list. However, I'm not willing to exert any kind of further
"censorship" on the topic raised here. If list subscribers think that
this is a matter for foundation-l (and obviously they do, as many have
responded), then so be it. If a discussion is out of place here, it's
best not to take part in it, because if nobody takes part in it, it
won't continue (what a beautiful piece of logic, isn't it?)

Michael, speaking as list moderator/administrator/whatever