[Foundation-l] Native American Tribes Policy

Fred Bauder fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Wed May 16 01:27:49 UTC 2007

That painting is an excellent example. In fact, it is so well known that we could probably have an article in Wikipedia about it. There is evidence, aside from its appearance, that it is genuine; there is a fingerprint on the back of the painting which matches a fingerprint on a paint can in Jackson Pollock's studio (It is preserved as a museum). It is considered an inferior painting, when compared to his famous paintings, so inferior that some experts doubt it is even a Pollack, but he is known to have discarded paintings he considered failures. However, the painting lacks provenance, a connection between Pollack and its current owner. The owner is holding out for a unrealistic price, but there have been substantial offers made to her. Our article would contain such information (I got it from 60 Minutes) and not attempt to market the painting, simply treating it as the curiosity it is.

Any article about a person or group whose status as Indian is questioned should contain analogous information.

If you Google "southern cherokee" you get a website:

http://southern-cherokee.com/about/about.htm

http://southern-cherokee.com/about/sovereign.htm

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/712134165?ltl=1179278573

http://www.cherokee.org/home.aspx?section=phoenix&ID=H/yXnQ2HqDo=

Is it real or not? It sounds good, the names of the founders are real, but does all that stuff follow?

Fred